We are a community that follows the commands of Jesus Christ (Isa al Masih), compelled by His love, convinced that He is the “exact representation of God’s nature” (Hebrews 1:3).
We are also convinced that in this love, the Word, Jesus, became flesh to live among us on earth – to identify with us in our flesh, in our trials, in our sin (though He was without sin). (Philippians 2)
This is how we want to love Muslims and show them the love of Jesus. We want to go and live among them, identify with them, grow through life with them – not to convert them to a foreign religion or culture (we have no power to do this), but to simply love them in the way Jesus loved us – through grace in the hope of salvation.
We believe in honouring Muslims, respecting them, and being very transparent with them… we have nothing to hide. We know that in our world today there are misconceptions about “Christians” and “missionaries” and their relationship with a country’s political agenda. It is our desire not to be identified with any of these misconceptions, but rather just to be identified with Jesus. If we face any stumbling blocks in our relationships with Muslims, may it be only in the person of Jesus.
We are a community that sends workers to the harvest in Jesus’ name, because the Holy Book (the Bible) gives us the command to do so. Even in Jesus’ own words, He says, ”Go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you” (Matthew 28:18-20).
Our desire is to see reproducing fellowships of Muslims following Jesus – not just as a great prophet, but as the Word of God. We desire to see these fellowships thrive under Jesus’ commands and love, and further His love to others who have not had the chance to know Him and follow Him.
Our members do not go to the Muslim world to destroy Islam, but rather to serve the poor, the outcast, the downtrodden, those who need healing, and those who seek peace. We go to serve the Kingdom of God and invite our Muslim friends to seek His Kingdom with us.
Who we are not…
- We are not a community trying to extract or remove Muslims from their own communities and homelands.
- We are not a body of believers who tries to impose “western Christianity” on any Muslim or his/her community.
- We are not of the belief that a Muslim needs to change their core cultural identity in order to enter the Kingdom of God.
- We are not an organisation with a political agenda, nor do we plan to overthrow any political ideologies of any government agency.
- We are not a community who discriminates, judges, or condemns anyone for their beliefs.